Friday, March 17, 2006

Another weigh-in down

What an incredible morning it has been. A soft, slightly cool, autumn morning but the sun is now rising above the hills and its probably going to get humid again but it was a nice preview of what is to come - hopefully soon. I'm so over the humidity.

Anyway - I have lost another 700gms this week. I am nearly in the 65s. Woohoo - I havent been there for yonks. You never know I may even fit into my jeans again comfortably. I fit now but there is a lot of muffining going on above the waistband which isnt a pretty sight LOL.

Had a slight disagreement with the WW meeting last night. I mentioned that I live in a house with three people who dont really have to watch what they eat - (a) because their metabolism works really well and (b) because they are not gluttons like me. It was suggested that since I am the primary food buyer that I dont buy food that I shouldnt eat thereby removing temptation from my life. Yeah right. My argument was that my family shouldnt have to miss out on the things that they like just because of me and it is something that I am going to have to, and am, confronting every day wherever I go so why not start learning about control at home and working at distractions like taking packets of WW nibblies to drinks on Sunday night so I dont feel that I am missing out.

The other good news is that my gym has got all new cardio equipment ie bikes, treadmills, steppers, crosstrainers, rowers each with individual TV screens. Mind you we will all have to be taught how to use them again but it looks really good.

Anyway must get back to work - have a good weekend everyone.
:o)

7 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you - why should the family miss out! I still buy choc biscuits, cheeses, nuts and all sort of goodies for my husband and just try to forget they are there. I don't feel the fmaily should have to sacrifice because I have a weight problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops - forgot to say well done on the loss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on a great loss - keep up the good work.
    I have the same thing at home with the food and totally agree with you - why should they be penalised because I can't control what I put in my mouth ?
    Good luck with the new gym equipment - have a great weekend and take care !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to buy biscuits and treats that I don't really like!
    Great loss:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on what food I have in the house - for two reasons. Why should they miss out on their treats, and I have to learn to resist temptation, so removing it from the house is a realistic way to cope with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your weight!

    I too agree with you. I still bought all DH's usual treats and I just learnt to have something different or have a small taste of things if I really craved them. I think we have to learn self control.
    He actually lost some weight though, just through me using less oil etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on your loss Julie. That is fantastic. And I do agree with you too. I sometimes keep the pantry clean to avoid me breaking out and eating stuff but that is hardly fair. I just have to learn to deal with it and learn to eat in moderation.

    Good on you for bringing it up in a meeting.

    Hope you have another fantastic week :D

    ReplyDelete