Monday, May 08, 2006

A Cross Road

A Cross Road

A thought has been percolating in my mind for a while now.  Maybe I am spending too much time blogging and not enough time doing.

As you dear readers will know, I have had a few health problems starting with breaking a bone in my foot last May which took eight months to resolve and since February two bouts of bad back and now a cold which has subsided into a nasty cough which could lead to the divorce courts and has resulted in me have to learn to sleep sitting up.  Really strong antibiotics has cleared the sore throat that has been around for weeks, the pinched nerve in my leg is getting better and I have been told that it takes six weeks to get better with or without physio.  I think Im up to about the fifth week so no wonder it feels better.  Anyway this is all old news.

I am going to take a month off and try to instigate a new fitness plan which is really the old one but since I haven’t exercised in months now it will be like starting new again.

Monday:     Walk Lucy
Tuesday:     Gym – Weights and a little cardio
Wednesday:     Walk Lucy
Thursday:     Gym – Weights and a little cardio
Friday:          Walk Lucy
Saturday:     Tai Chi and Pilates
Sunday:     Family walk with DH and Lucy

Am not tracking this week as I have had two days of eating badly.  I think, looking on the positive, that it could have been two months of eating badly with the old Julie because I would have been feeling immensely sorry for myself and think ‘what the hell”.  The fact that it has only been two days after 6 weeks of pain is heartening for me.  It shows me I have learnt something, not everything, but something.  Also, now I am back to WW goal I am going to cut back going to the meeting to every two weeks rather than weekly.  For no other reason than time constraints.  I enjoy the meetings a lot and have always got heaps of advice and support from them.  This is heading towards not tracking at all –just knowing what or whatnot to eat and in what quantities.  I know, I know, it all sounds good on paper.

Anyway, will sign off now.  Am going to try to keep reading your blogs in my lunch hour so I can keep uptodate with all your lives.

If there is anything important like lunches etc just email me. Take care.

Goals:
City to Surf in August (a lot of work to do before that is confirmed)
Million Paws walk in May (if I can talk Mark into going)
DD joining the police force this June (keep your fingers crossed)
Mum is leaving on 25 May and hopefully she will be more happy at her new home

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like some serous thinking going on. Best of luck with your plans - and as Jodie says - let us know you're still OK.
    Cheers
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just look after yourself Julie. I knwo where you are coming from as I feel that way too. We will be here when you need us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care Julie. We will miss you but I hope that the time off will help you find what you are looking for :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care of yourself Julie and I'll keep popping by to see if you've posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all about balance and it certainly isn't easy. I think Mary does it well by having set blogging times, twice a week. She have to be the queen of organisation, given that she works from home.

    Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog, I'm holding off on the plastic surgery LOL.

    If you're going to Centennial Park and are hard up for a human companion, I'll do the Million Paws Walk with you. I love dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your new plan goes well for you. We are here for you if you ever need to "talk". You have had more than your share of health issues these last months and it is certianly time for things to be better for you.
    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think all was said on the email exchange but still wanted to know that I am thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope all is going well - take care and I will keep popping back:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you go on the million paws walk? A friend went and she said it was fun, and fantastic. Hope if you went it was good for you too. Talk to you soon xx

    ReplyDelete