Friday, September 29, 2006

Causes for Celebration

Today is the last day of work for this term. Yahoo. Once I finish up the BAS and final payments and end of term reports, back up computers it is time to kick back and just enjoy. Sleeping in is on the cards for the next month.

Sleeping in the next month because I have my back op on 12 October - under 2 weeks! So looking forward to it. Who would have thought! Two weeks holiday and then 2 weeks recuperating

Tomorrow is my 53rd birthday. I cant tell you how quickly the years are flashing past now. It seems to me that I am on fast forward all the time. DH is still in France. I was going to the races with friends but sanity has prevailed and they suggested that I might not be able to manage it without having my rock (DH) with me. I must admit I heaved a sigh of relief - I didnt want to be the one to pull the plug. So, I am going up to watch the Swannies win another grand final with friends (I will yell and shout and have no idea what in the hell is going on but will enjoy the atmosphere anyway) and then on to a special birthday dinner with more friends which is incredibly sweet of them.

DD is coming up from Goulburn and taking me out to lunch on Sunday. I suggested that she do this as I dont need any presents - maybe out to one of those nice plant nurseries out Dural way where I can buy some plants.

I will catch up with DS sometime on Saturday I think. He has been helping me with pool maintenance this week, especially after last Sunday - the backyard looked like a cyclone had gone through it. We had our roast on Monday night - my butcher made me the cutest little lamb roast - just enough for two. Yesterday he came up and put the garbage bins out for me as I just cant manage them at the moment.

Having lunch next week with M. I am going to the opera house for a matinee performance of The Tempest and we are catching up. I am so glad as I have missed so many meetings(?) over the last six months.

Middle sister is coming down for lunch next week and eldest sister is coming down to stay for a couple of nights at the end of October. They are still not talking to each other and while it did cross my mind to engineer a meeting ES has warned me not to or she wont come. It is so hard as I dont want to alienate her so I guess I will be a chicken and let sleeping dogs lie. (How is that for a group of cliches.)

MS is 60 this year, next month actually. Nothing has been arranged. Have tried to contact her partner but he is either never home or maybe on the computer. Dont want to leave a message as it would arouse her suspiscions. So have sent an email to her daughter asking if anyone was going to arrange something to celebrate her birthday. I am a bit annoyed. She does so much for her children and they should know that even if she says dont worry they should do something. I actually was thinking about having a surprise dinner for her until I remembered that I would still be recovering from op. What I have decided that belatedly, in November, I would take her to the theatre to see the new play "Woman In Mind" with Noni Hazelhurst. Have made the offer and am waiting to see what she says.

Anyway enough waffling. GO THE SWANS! Have a great weekend (a long one in NSW).

3 comments:

  1. Have a WONDERFULLY HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have been having a wonderful day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a wonderful birthday. Wishing you the best for you op. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete