Monday, December 10, 2007

On track

I like the core plan at WW. It is boring but easy. I lost another 1.2 kgs this week (as at last Thursday) so am still on track for Christmas.

Of course I have been a bit social lately so am not overly confident of another loss this week.

I went to the ballet on Saturday and saw "The Nutcracker" which was beautiful but trying to find something healthy for lunch was a nightmare. Settled for a ham and salad baguette which I cut in half and bought home for the eating machine that is living with us at the present. The ballet was summed up for me by the young girl I saw at the ballet and then again on Waitara station with her Mum leaping along like a ballerina (the girl not the Mum). Such exuberance was infectious.

It's raining again - it was actually hailing yesterday. I have pictures of our front lawn covered in white balls. I was gardening, in the middle of building a new stone wall for a new garden when I heard the storm coming. I just picked up everything and ran - thought it was the rain and wind I could hear but it was actually the hail. Luckily our cars were under cover and I rang the kids and warned them what was coming their way. Mark actually had red welts on his back where he got hit. Hmm, summer in Sydney.

4 comments:

  1. Hope that you have a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2008:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ballet. I am yet to go to a 'live' performance but the TV is almost as good (NOT!).

    Have a very Merry Christmas Julie, hope to catch up with you in the New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm they say Australia will have a wet summer...sure looks like it there and likewise here too, thou we haven't had the hail you have...

    All the best for christmas....hope its a good one...take care, be safe...


    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry belated Christmas wishes to you and your family, and I hope your feisty baby had a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete