Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Autumn weather and other things

Driving to Chatswood today through perfect Autumn weather - gorgeous soft mellow sunshine and the beautiful autumn leaves swirling around the car - made me realise how long it has been since I have actually been out of the house. My life for the last 10 days has been housebound. Tomorrow I will go out onto the deck and try and soak up some autumn weather - cant believe I am missing my favourite season.

Went to the surgeon today and he took the plaster cast off and the stitches out. The stitches hurt so much. I sat there with my jumper over my head, whimpering and my gorgeous boy hugging me. My foot is now in an "air cast" (ski boot type of thing) for the next 4 weeks. I thought I might be able to take it off at night but he said no. Only time I can take it off is for a shower and even then I have to sit. Bugger, I hate having things on my feet at night. I like cold feet not warm feet. Oh well four weeks of very little sleep I guess. It is now up to me when I ditch the crutches but probably not for another two weeks. Sigh.

Problems with Mum. She has apparently recently given all her jewellery to a cousin for "safe keeping" but when contacted said cousin said no Mum gave her the jewellery. Some people are so sad. Preying on old people should be outlawed.

Will give my eldest sister a ring tonight to find out what is happening. May fly to Brisbane later in the week but it all seems so morbid.

Hope your Wednesday was uneventful.

2 comments:

  1. Hope the foot is feeling better now stiches are out and the 'air cast' on....

    Hope your sister can find out what is happening with your mum...
    I agree some people are so sad...they SHOULD be outlawed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be so restrictive for you - wishing you a speedy recovery.

    Is there a chance your mum got confused. Hope it gets sorted out.

    ReplyDelete