Monday, August 15, 2011

Another Monday another new start

Last Monday's funk only lasted the day.

I spent hours at the opthamologist and I have never had so many eyedrops put in my eyes but everything is okay. The blurring is just old age and normal. Back on the plaquenil again.

I stayed the same weight this week and I am really going to try to not have a drink Monday-Thursday. Mind you this is my mantra every Monday morning LOL. I am exercising moderately every day.

Bought some new shoes for the gym. Nikes Lunarglide - black with bright pink and blue on them. Wore them this morning and it felt really strange not to be wearing white sneakers - I don't know why. Must go back to podiatrist and get new orthotics made as it has been a while.

Going to get some new gym clothes soon when spring comes and as a treat when I reach a certain goal. May never happen.

Jess ran the C2S yesterday. She was going to walk with a girlfriend but as Mark said, she wouldn't be able to stand everyone running past her - especially fairies, gorillas, bananas and assorted superheroes. She ended up running the whole way. Even though she is fairly fit I bet she will be a bit sore tomorrow.

Am aiming to walk the C2S again next year. If my body is my temple then it is time I did some temple renovating and the City to Surf is going to be my goal. That and not going to hospital this year or next.

(Don't you love Mondays - everything is new and shiny and nothing seems impossible.)

Lucy is getting better. Can now get up and down the front steps easily but the back ones are still a problem. Hopefully in time she will regain the strength in her back legs. She stands at the bottom of the steps and barks for a lift and when you go out to bring her in she sidles up against you into the lift position and waits to be lifted. So cute.

A while ago I bought a pair of the MBT shoes for walking. I have been wearing them around the house and out shopping but yesterday afternoon I wore them on my walk with Lucy. I felt like I was walking with springs on my feet - the rolling motion is really quite pleasant - but I could feel myself using muscles I don't usually use. It was only a short walk and I will keep increasing the distance as I get more used to them.

Well that's about all the news I have. Not terribly exciting at the moment. Big weekend coming up with dinner with friends on Friday night and then Qld friends coming to stay on Sunday night while they are in Sydney. Just by chance it is Mark's birthday so having them with us that day (and night) is a special treat but I know that the diet will suffer again. I really do have good intentions but deep down I think I am a foodaholic. I find it totally irresistible:)

There was something else but I have forgotten what it was.
Have a great week......


2 comments:

  1. ohhh I have been looking at those MBT shoes and wondered what they were like for walking, no-one I know has them. Will have to bite the bullet and try them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing really well on the no alcohol thing since I started running again. I run three times a week and have made a rule not to drink the day before. Our odd lifestyle doesn't have much to do with the traditional weekend thing anymore!
    Anyway, the weight is slowly edging down again. I'm not too worried about how fast it happens, so long as it does.

    ReplyDelete