Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mindful Eating

Mindful Eating - This term, used by people annoys me immensely. It sounds so smug. Do they think that most of us are unaware that our eating habits could be improved either a little bit or immensely. Minor rant is over.

Well I lost 700g this week. Followed propoints quite well, drank less alcohol (notice I said less and not none) and tried to drink 2 litres of water each day. It was a hectic weekend with Thai food on Friday night - Thai food really isnt all that calorie friendly and then as it was Mark's birthday on Sunday with lots of food and alcohol and much laughter and good company I was surprised on Monday morning to see the scales down 700g.

Exercise is okay as usual. I am just so grateful to be able to move that it isnt really an issue. When I feel like I want to stay in bed of a morning instead of going to the gym I remind myself that the day will come again when I cant exercise at all and that spurs me on. It is getting lighter in the morning (before daylight saving kicks in again) so I will be able to walk Lucy before work rather than after work which I prefer.

Not much else to report. Thinking about going north in a month or two for a little while to feel some warmth again. Tired of the rain. They keep promising that the weather is going to warm up/fine up but it never seems to happen. Or maybe I just have a short memory.

Have a great week - hope there is less of me next week when I check in again.


2 comments:

  1. I am soooooooo looking forward to the warmer weather and it getting lighter earlier of a morning...I love my very early morning walks!

    After my week of "eat everything in sight" I am looking forward to pro-point counting !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did well:-)

    ReplyDelete