Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Damn

Damn damn damn.
I just get used to one type of blog layout and they change everything!
Isnt this just like life?  Okay, building bridge now.

Back at work and the planets have all realigned in my household I think.  M is back to pottering happily around home without me there and I dont have to make him lunch anymore.  Bargain.

Had lunch with girlfriends last Wednesday.  Went down to Chatswood early so that I could do some shopping because it is a larger shopping centre and guess what, bought some new eye shadow and that's all.  Had lunch and then came home.  Things certainly are changing (mainly in my mind I think).

My sister and her partner came for lunch on Thursday which was a surprise and a great chance to catch up.  He had been up the Central Coast to visit his father, who by the way is 99 years old, and our place is halfway between their place and the Coast so he caught the train down and she picked him up.

Friday was cleaning the house day as I was planning to be out all day Saturday.  I made a HUGE mistake by moving that furniture.  Can't tell M or he will literally kill me.  I guess my back would not be sore anymore if that was the case.  Soldiered on as we all do and then spent the evening sitting with heat packs against my back.  Stupid stupid stupid.

Saturday went to into the city early and went to the Rocks Markets.  My shopping tastes have really changed.  There was nothing that caught my eye there except a little sparkly "L" for Lucy's collar.

Walked around to the Opera House and had lunch and then saw "the Scottish play".  J said I have got to stop referring to it by its proper name as it is bad luck.  It didnt finish until quite late so I went and sat by the harbour and waited for M.  Tourists kept asking me to take photos so I gave up sitting quietly and reading to go and find M.  Luckily he was walking towards me by that stage and we met up, tossed up whether to go and have a drink but ended up just sitting again looking at the ferries and the sun setting.

Friends picked us up in Macquarie Street and we went out for dinner.  Wont mentioned the place we went to because I couldnt stop laughing when they brought the food that we had ordered.  Large plates (not white, a small mercy) and small amount of nice food at exorbitant price.  Will not be going there again and certainly wouldnt recommend it.  Should have taken photos!

Then on to the rugby to watch the Waratahs play scintillating rugby for the first 27 seconds.  Oh well, at least they won.  Eventually got home at 11 which made it an extremely long day.

Sunday was just bits and pieces and of course the ironing.  I know I know I am the only person left in the world who seems to iron.  It is a habit I am trying to break.

Yesterday was raining when I woke up and it is dark again at 5:30 am.  Luckily by the time I got home it had semi-cleared so I was able to take Lucy for our walk although by the time I got home it was getting dark.  Magnificent sunset though. 

Now some good news - pretty much wheat free last week (99.9%). 
  • I am not eating as much fruit as I used to because I used to eat it as a filler when I was hungry between meals and after meals.  Not so hungry now.  Bread cravings have died and when I do eat potatoes it is mainly habit not because I want them.  Replacing with pumpkin etc now.
  • Lost a little bit of weight but that is not the main aim.  It is an aim but not the main one. The main aim is my health.  I want to get off some of the tablets I take if that is possible.  I havent lost any weight for the previous two weeks and it hasnt worried me at all.  I feel I am going along the right path now.
  • The swelling in my ankles has reduced majorly. The swelling was the reason for all the xrays and MRIs and the news was not good and I dont expect my diet to fix those existing problems as I dont think I can regrow cartilege  but I am hoping that no new problems will arise.The medicine has not stopped my body from attacking itself but this might.  Hope springs eternal!
  • I have more energy.  
  • I am sleeping better - no sleeping tablets for a month now.
  • I feel better generally.
  • I am going back to the gym today for the first time in months.  Nothing too strenuous just walking mainly and am seriously considering resigning from the gym and just concentrating on walking with Lucy.  As mentioned previously the gym was going to be my haven when I retired but at just under $1000.00 per year in membership fees I am beginning to doubt the value.  Not retiring for at least a year probably two so will think long and hard about this.
 I hope everyone is having a great week - I think I am!
xxx



4 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how our bodies and our tastes change - good work !!!

    Keep it up and have a great day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Julie, that is quite a list of positives for the change in your eating!! It is wonderful when hunger goes and does not drive our choice in food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow........that is awesome :) We will be "new" people when we meet up. :)
    So happy that this is working for you and for us, as you say, it's health with weight loss as a bonus :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow~ huge changes! I agree, gyms are great, but the fees can be so expensive! (although, attending a yoga studio more than once a week can be extremely pricey too). Andrew has a free membership because of his university tuition, otherwise he would work out at home.
    Blessings :)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete